Re: Oracle field saturated?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:34:22 -0400

Many, many tech companies are hiring Asians rather than Americans or Europeans in order to save money. Oracle itself has hired many Indians instead of Americans, and the trend has not yet peaked. The Oracle jobs forum has had postings from Indian companies looking to hire Indians to do Oracle work for $10/hour. This work is remarked to American firms for $20 or $30/hour which is quite a bit less than companies would have to pay for American or European labor.
However not all labor is equivalent. The field may saturate, but really good people will remain in demand.