Re: VIRUS WARNING -- FALSE ALARM ?

From: Black Dragon <blkdragn_at_rochester.rr.com.invalid>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 15:43:50 GMT

John Gray wrote:

: In article <baYv7.89509$vq.17466945_at_typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
: artw_at_DELETETHISMUNGEmediaone.net says...

:> I've been informed that this is a troll attack in alt.config. I wasn't
:> aware of this because I read only comp.cad.solidworks among the list
:> of NGs where it was posted. And I was informed that my AV software
:> reports a virus because I use a newsreader (Outlook Express) that
:> interprets HTML and JavaScript. Time to look for a better newsreader!
:>
:> I apologize for waving a red flag when apparently none was needed. My
:> heart was in the right place, even if my head wasn't. :)
:>
:>
:>
: Art,
: 	You could try Gravity 2.5.  It is freeware now and essentially the
: same as Versiou 2.3 without the need to pay and register it.  It is no
: longer in development, hence the change from shareware to freeware(not
: enough customers).  It is quite powerful and configurable.  You should
: still be able to get it at the ftp site below.
:
:  ftp://64.36.132.56/pub/grav25.exe

See also:

A site all about newsgroups and software related to them;

<URL:http://newsreaders.com>

Personaly, I recommend `Slrn`, it's Free, Open Source Software;

<URL:http://slrn.sourceforge.net>

--
Black Dragon                  |  Its really terrible when the FBI arrested a
* Free Speech                 |  hacker, who visited the USA with a peaceful