ODBC problem with Oracle

From: George <divined2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2001 07:09:15 -0700

I`m trying to restore a database which was created using Oracle. under Oracle 8.0.5. The Oracle Easy net8 config assistant completes with no error and the connection returns successfully. However when I try to connect using Oracle ODBC Test, I get the following message :

SQLState:08004
Native Error Code:12154
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC][ORA]ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name.

I have set the System DNS to connect to my database with the appropriate SID. How could the net8 easy config be able to find the service using both TCP/IP and IPC but the ODBC test fails? Any help would be appreciated. Received on Sat Oct 06 2001 - 09:09:15 CDT