Re: Loading MS SQL Server and other format into Oracle

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:07:14 +0100

I don't think so directly, as I believe the MSSQL backup is a proprietory binary format. Depending on data volumes you may like to look at three options (or combinations thereof):

  1. Oracle's Migration Workbench
  2. MSSQL DTS job(s)
  3. 'Unload' from MSSQL as flat files and use Oracle's SQL*Loader to populate Oracle.

HTH.
Paul