RMAN scenario

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 23:45:47 GMT

I need to plan for complete disaster recovery on two systems. I have two servers dev and prod. Each contains the catalog for the other database. In case of complete disaster the servers will be rebuilt from scratch at an offsite location. In is scenario both servers are gone and all we have are the RMAN backup sets. In order to use RMAN at the new location to recover from the backup sets I presume I need at a minimum the catalogs. My plan is to export the RMAN user on both machines. The export files and RMAN backup sets will be backed up to a corporate backup solution (TSM) after RMAN and exports complete. In case of disaster I can create the databases, import the RMAN schemas, restore the backup sets and recover the database using RMAN. Now I will go review the documentation to ensure this scenario works, but your confirmation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ethan Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 18:45:47 CDT