Re: How to determine . . .

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:20:51 +0200

"Ed Stevens" <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow> wrote in message news:3bbdee44.75030768_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
> My manager wants to review our licensing structure and has asked me to
> determine the max or average number of concurrent users. I've poked
> around but can't find anything on that.
>
> Alex, I'd like to buy a clue . . .
> --
> Ed Stevens
> (Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)

Ed,
If you would enable audit and audit sucessfull connects you will have a trail in the database of all sessions.
Now I leave the most difficult part to you: write some pl/sql to determine how many *concurrent* users (and of course you need the max of that or Larry will sue you for cheating. Note: I always exclude Oracle provided users in such calculations)

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 14:20:51 CDT