Checkpoints and Rollback Segments

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 18:29:59 GMT

During a very intense checkpoint (after lots of changes) iostat shows rbs volume going nuts for a long time then just a blip on the datafiles. I know that datafile headers are frozen so I assume changed blocks during checkpoint would be written to rbs but thier doesn't seem to be that much activity in the db when I am doing this. If only new changes are being written to the rbs what is the long delay in the write to the datafiles? One more thought, the changes actually pretty much zero out (i.e. insert then delete) so this might be the reason so little is actually written to the datafile.

Thanks,
Ethan Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 13:29:59 CDT