Re: ORA-01122 error

From: Eric <security_at_t10.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:51:56 -0600

You might be in big trouble since your not using archivelog mode.

Hope the below helps.

From: Oracle, IHAB AL-SUQI 26-Jul-01 17:42 Subject: Re : ORA-01200 error on file size

Shyam,

First of all if this database is production then please open a sev 1 tar with Oracle support on this issue.

The error message you are getting :

Error: ORA 1200
Text: actual file size of <num> is smaller than correct size of <num> blocks

---
Cause: The size of the file, as returned by the operating system, is smaller
than the size of the file as indicated in the file header and the
control file.
Somehow the file has been truncated.
Action: Restore a good copy of the datafile from a backup and perform
recovery as needed.

So teh first thing we think about is that your physical files are not backed
up or restored correctly. You would need to restore from a good backup.
Regarding your second question about recovering system or rbs datafiles ,
you should be able to recover these files in the same way for all files, of
corse you need to have archivelog enabled , this will enable you to recover
a missing online redo log file also or at least doing an incomplete recovery
and open database RESETLOG .

"Olivier NARTZ" <olivier.nartz_at_aipl.uhp-nancy.fr> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem :
> I have 2 Oracle 8.0.4 Databases (SID PC01 and DICS) running on my server
and
> i made a mistake.
> In the DICS DB, I created 3 files for 3 tablespaces (INDX, RBS and TEMP)
in