Help in installing and partitioning fresh server

From: Andriy Korud <akorud_at_polynet.lviv.ua>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:06:44 +0300

Hi.
I have a new server with
1-channel RAID (0,1,5,10), 4x9.1 HDDs,
and 2-channel intergrated SCSI on motherboard. I need to install our billing database (~3G) there. System will be Linux/8.1.7.
Any ideas about disk grouping/partitioning/sesstion RAIDs. Also I'm thinking about LVM and raw devices, any suggestions?

Requirement is good real-time response and high availability. However, periodic offlines are available.

Thanks in advance,
Andriy Korud
Lviv, Ukraine Received on Wed Oct 03 2001 - 10:06:44 CDT