Re: mail shell

From: Brian Hiles <bsh_at_rawbw.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:43:55 -0000

In comp.unix.shell Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a product that will let me email shell and/or
> oracle commands to an email address and reply with the results of the
> command? I'm looking for this so I can provide emergency support of
> Oracle databases via a 2-way pager or email enabled wireless phone.

Besides procmail already mentioned...

http://freeware.sgi.com/index-by-alpha.html (procmail)

there are dozens of open source Unix alphanumeric/SMS pager SW packages. Just one is:

http://www.styx.demon.co.uk/

A web search will find you the optimal package for your system, if not the above. Why not do a Web search through past submissions to c.u.s.?

=Brian Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 21:43:55 CDT