Re: Merge Data Sets

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:17:03 GMT

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:48:13 +0100, Andy Johnson <AJohnson_at_Armature.com> wrote:

>Presently i've created a numeric key on each table and joined that way
>but it means I have to use a sequence/update combo i am just looking for
>anyone that is aware of a faster approach...

You might want to revisit the pl/sql option? Define two cursors, one for each table. Open them both. Then in a loop, fetch one, then the other, build up the output row and insert. If number of rows is different, then you may have to add some code to insert NULLs on the one that ends up first. Close both at end.

Shouldn't take too long this way.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 05:17:03 CDT