Re: Database bulk import / export using XML

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:24:20 GMT

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:53:46 +0200, Lydia Belaen <lydia.belaen_at_alcatel.be> wrote:

>a database when our database structure has changed.
>is changed.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but why on Earth would anyone want to do this? Simply create another schema and copy the data into the right spots with plain vanilla SQL and PL/SQL. At least a few orders of magnitude faster than all this XML rigmarole...

Just my $0.02...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 05:24:20 CDT