Re: Restricting access to DBA

From: Rick Wessman <Rick.Wessman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 08:36:12 -0400

In short, you can't.

I don't want to get to a discussion about whether you should be able to trust your DBA in the first place, but you can encrypt your tables using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT package. Just make sure that the entire encryption key is not available to the DBA. Also, you need to have schemes for key recovery and for re-keying.

There is a white paper on technet.oracle.com that discusses a possible key generation method.

                                        Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Security Assurance Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.