Re: Cannot Launch dbassist in Red Hat Linux 6.2

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:27:35 +0200

>I am unable to launch the Oracle Database Configuration assistant
>after a fresh intalltion of Oracle on Red Hat Linux 6.2,
>
>I got an exception which starts with "NLS Exception" stating that your
>Oracle_Home enviornment variable is not set in .baxh_profile but ,
>actually it is set correctly.
>

>any help would be appreciated
>

>FaheemRao

Hello Faheem,
take a look at Oracle8i Installation guide, 'Setup tasks to perform as oracle user',
'environment variables'.
If the informations does not solve your problem, please post snippet of your .bash_profile
with the settings for oracle.
Regards
Manuela Mueller Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 03:27:35 CDT