communication between PL/SQL and OS scripting languages

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:58:03 +0800

Dear all,

In writing ETL (extract, transform, load) programs, we generally will use both PL/SQL and OS scripting languages, either the former calling the latter, or the latter calling the former. Sometimes, the caller does need to know about the result of the callee excution. I am interested in knowing any better ways than via a flat file, which requires efforts of parsing or interpretation, especially in the case of passing structured data. Speaking of scheduling, do you prefer shceduling with Oracle DBMS_JOB or the OS scheduler? Practical advices are much appreciated.

Dino Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 22:58:03 CDT