Re: Basic import question

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:09:38 GMT

Hi Attila

On 21 Sep 2001 10:36:16 -0700, AttilaB_at_competitive.com (Attila) wrote:

> I recently installed Oracle 8 server, and I need to import a
>database from a local .dmp file. I was hoping someone could provide
>specific instructions on how this is done. Currently I have no
>documentation, and what I have found so far on the web has been of
>little user. Keep in mind I have minimal experience using Oracle. Any
>help would be much appreciated.

I see another poster has replied with an online man page URL. Also you can always type the command

imp help=y or exp help=y

to get a summary of the options for the import and export commands. Regards
Dale

DataBee - Oracle DataBase Subsets
Create small training and development databases the easy way. http://www.databee.com Received on Sat Sep 22 2001 - 03:09:38 CDT