Duplicate procedures in package

From: Vikas Agnihotri <fornewsgroups_at_vikas.mailshell.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 14:05:14 -0700

I have a procedure defined in the package header. Unintentionally, I defined this procedure twice in the package body, with different parameters. Of course, it compiles fine because Oracle allows parameter overloading.

When I do a DESC on the package in SQL*Plus, I see that the procedure is listed only once.

But when I browse this package in a GUI tool like TOAD or EZSQL, etc, I see that the procedure is listed twice!

Any idea why this would be so? How do GUI tools construct their screens? I would expect they just dump 'select text from *_source where name=...', right?

Comments? Thanks Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 16:05:14 CDT