Getting available roles and members

From: BD <BD_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:07:22 GMT

I am trying to implement a security object into one of our applications and have the following scenario:

User TEST1 owns all the tables that contain the application's data. Roles TestRole1 and TestRole2 exist in the database. User TEST2 exists in the database and is a member of role TestRole1 but not TestRole2 (and also belongs to the connect role).

When I am connected as sser TEST2, how can I: 1) See all the available roles in the database? 2) See which roles I (as user TEST2) belong to?

When I'm connected as Test1 (who has DBA privs), I can use the DBA_ROLES and DBA_ROLE_PRIVS views. But as Test2, I don't have access to those views. Also, as Test1, I cannot grant select to those views to any of these roles.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to get the information that I'm after?

Thanks,
Bryan Received on Fri Sep 21 2001 - 12:07:22 CDT