Re: Getting available roles and members

From: <catherinedevlin_at_girlgeekmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2001 22:07:08 GMT

Hi, Bryan!

Easy answer first.

2. user_role_privs, or session_roles

As for #1, I don't think there are any other views to show you this. You'll have to let TEST2 peek at DBA_ROLES and DBA_ROLE_PRIVS somehow.

Since you managed to get DBA privileges for TEST1, you must have some pull with your DBA (or you are your DBA). You'll have to either - - Get SYS to GRANT SELECT ON DBA_ROLES and DBA_ROLE_PRIVS to TEST1. Then TEST1 can create a view pointing to those views and give TEST2 select permission on the view. Or,
- Get GRANT SELECT ON DBA_ROLES and DBA_ROLE_PRIVS directly for TEST2.

Good luck!
- Catherine
http://profiles.yahoo.com/arcticturtle