Re: Upgrade 8.0.6.x to 8.1.7.x

From: Sweet Pete <pgadah_at_magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:01:33 GMT

Vince,

The only things that you would need from old Oracle Home are the following files:

  1. configuration files from your $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory... (init.ora, config.ora)
  2. configuration files from your $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory.... (listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora)

In addition, my recommendation to you is to keep the old Oracle Home intact, should you need to fall back (in the event the upgrade did not go as smoothly as expected). This way it prevents you from having to reinstall the 8.0.6 software.

Regards,
Peter