Re: Help with oracle restore options

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:10:56 -0500

Given that he would need a standby controlfile, a standby database will only work in his case if he has access to the original Instance ( 'cause I suspect the backup script didn't get that ).

If he does have access.

ALTER DATABASE CREATE STANDBY CONTROLFILE AS '<filename>';

.will allow creation of a standby database on the new server.

-Kevin