Applying Oracle patch set

From: Scott <scott_tiger75_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2001 13:05:21 -0700

Dear group,

Before creating my database on a Solaris 2.6 + Oracle 8.1.6.2.0, i applied patch set 8.1.6.2.1.

During the linking process of the patch application I got some errors. Something that looks like : "Error in invoking target install of Makefile
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk".

Was it something serious ?

Still i created my database which seems to work fine.

Should i apply the latest 8.1.6.3.0 Oracle patch set to correct the errors encountered when applying the previous patch set ? I guess i should perform the installation with the database shut down ?

Any advice is very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Scott Received on Mon Sep 17 2001 - 15:05:21 CDT