Re: How to save username from a failed login.

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_cn.stam.dk>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:05:29 +0200

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 14:17:57 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker"

>AUDIT will save the username allright. You need to set the init.ora
>parameter audit_trail to db (and bounce the database) and then issue
>audit connect

Yes I know, but actually I need to do some more processing after a certain number of failed logins with the same username. The Oracle audit system just doesn't fit to my needs (officially imposed by legislation).

>Also I would *never ever* create triggers using the SYSTEM user as owner.
>Also you didn't create a login_user function under SYS didn't you? IMO you
>are compromising the database integrity using SYS and SYSTEM for your own
>objects.

I am surely aware of staying away from creating SYS objects. I created the trigger under SYSTEM as an experiment to see if that would give me access to the wanted information. I am not aware that SYSTEM schema is that susceptible.

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Sun Sep 16 2001 - 10:05:29 CDT