how I can implement the partition strategy?

From: Joe Black <joe.black_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:40:04 -0700

I used the following statement to create a partition table:

CREATE TABLE temp

(

col1 number(38),

col2 number(38)

)

PARTITION BY RANGE (col1, col2)

(

PARTITION part1 VALUES LESS THAN (1001, 11),

PARTITION part2 VALUES LESS THAN (1001, 21),

PARTITION part3 VALUES LESS THAN (1101, 11),

PARTITION part4 VALUES LESS THAN (1101, 21))

Records Entered:

1000, 10

1000, 20

1000, 30

1000, 40

I expected each record to load in to each partition. Instead, they loaded as

follows:

Part1:

1000, 10

1000, 20

Part3:

1100, 10

1100, 20

It seems like it ignores the second column condition. Please let me know if

anyone is aware on how I can implement the partition strategy to work as I

expected. Received on Thu Sep 13 2001 - 14:40:04 CDT