Re: how I can implement the partition strategy?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:53:43 -0700

The second column is only checked when after the first one. All your entries have a partition value for col1 that is less than 1001, so they all belong in the first partition. This is expected behavior.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"
Now got a life back again that the book is released!

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA