Re: Oracle Name server

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:44:32 -0400

"godmann" <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:95cd51c.0109121935.180172e9_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi there,
>
> Why Oracle Name Server instead of OID (Oracle Internet Directory)
>
> Allan W. Tham
> DBA
Good point. OID (Oracle Internet Directory) is replacing Oracle Names in 9i. It's supposed to have an alternate interface that makes it look like a Names server on the network, but address resolution is actually occurring in OID. I haven't seen 9i yet as it's not supported on our platform. Anyone tried to set up this OID alter ego? Any comments about it?