Re: Connection Manager Question...

From: Sergey Popov <sspopov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Sep 2001 06:47:24 -0700

If the client is behind a firewall it does not have any other option except to connect to the database using Connection Manager. The major function of CMAN is not to allow or deny client access but to handle connections across a firewall. You should read about Oracle behavior to spawn user process (connection) to a different port and you never know what is the port!

Sergey Popov