Tuning Question: Can 'rule based' optimizer enforced on a tablespace

From: Helen <hhjin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Sep 2001 07:33:34 -0700

We are running Oracle EE 8.1.6.0.0 on Solaris 2.6

We currently set the optimizer to be 'choose'.

My understanding is that one can change the optimizer on session level, instance level or statement leve.

But our product vendor suggested to use 'rule based' for a certain tablespace. Can this be done and how?

Thank you very much! Received on Thu Sep 06 2001 - 09:33:34 CDT