problem with a SQL select request

From: manu <mp_at_coris.ch>
Date: 29 Aug 2001 14:13:45 GMT

Hi,

I know it's a common problem, but I'd like to know if it exists a more simple solution ...

in the following request :
"SELECT LASTNAME FROM CONTACTS
WHERE (((CONTACTS.LASTNAME) = ' " + name + " ') "

if name = "N'Guyen" for exemple, an error is generated because of the orthograph of the word "name" .... it contains the character '

Does it exist with Oracle a way to ignore or replace this character, or must I read every string and double the character to make Oracle accept to execute my SQL command ??

I hope somebody will understand my question in spite of my ridiculous English

Thank you in advance

User of http://www.foorum.com/. The best tools for usenet searching. Received on Wed Aug 29 2001 - 09:13:45 CDT