Re: Why DBA?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:29:22 +0100

My grandfather got his first car and
started driving without a driving licence, a driving test, or any statutory tests of the soundness of his vehicle (M.O.T in the UK).

Why do I have to take a test, have a driving licence, 3rd party insurance as a minimum, and put my car through an MOT every year after the first year ?

Seriously, I think there is a degree of
similarity between the two questions.
The technology, the environment, and
the (other) road-users have changed in
the given time-scale.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

For latest news of public appearances
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.