Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: Darin McBride <dmcbride_at_nospam.tower.to.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:07:03 GMT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:52:30 GMT, Charles J. Fisher wrote:

>3. Oracle installers have a reputation for driving users to drink.
> Once it's installed, however, Oracle is rock-solid.

I keep telling my team that one way to reduce the number of problems with the product is to fail at our job. If no one can install it, users can never find any other problem to report!

Generally, if I can't install a product, I figure that the product itself is likely going to be difficult, too. Then I dump it. Perhaps unfair, but that's the way I work. I suspect many others to feel similarly. And that's the way my team works. Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 18:07:03 CDT