Re: How come oracle is always using only one of my indexes ?

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:30:23 GMT

AFAIK, Oracle will neever use more than one index on one table in one query.

 That would be insufficient : first you fetch two sets of rows by scanning 2 indexes and then you merge them.  It is much better to fetchs the rows via one index scan and then filter those who do not satisfy the other clauses.

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt
Systems Consultant
Oracle DBA