How come oracle is always using only one of my indexes ?

From: DrowningPeople <turboridelover_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 10:21:50 -0700

I have a table with 12 columns, and I have thousands of random queries that could involve any different number of different columns. I have an index for each column. For those "AND-EQUAL" operations, I expect oracle to mergs lists of data returned from multiple index scans. But oracle is always using only one index (different one everytime). Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks alot Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 12:21:50 CDT