utl_https.request: and accessing an https site, NEED HELP?

From: KC Kyle <kckyle_at_carlson-hsv.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 10:35:47 -0700

I cannot access an https site with the following SQL> select utl_http.request('https://speedengine6.corptvl.com',null,'file:/etc/ORACLE/WALLETS/oracle','oracle') from dual;

The following works fine
SQL> select utl_http.request('http://speedengine6.corptvl.com') from dual;

Using the Oracle Wallet Manager I created a wallet without creating a user certificate request. I then imported the trusted root CA for the speedengine6 https instance.

Oracle Support told me that I have to install a user certificate for this operation to work properly. One question, Why do I have to have a user certificate to simply connect to an https site that does not require any type of user authentication? My Web browser doesn't require a user certificate.

Any assistance will be appreciated
kc kyle Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 12:35:47 CDT