Re: Help with Data File Size

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:37:51 +0100

PCTincrease of 50%. looks like your culprit to me. This means every time a new extent is allocated it will be 50% larger than the previous one. This would be compounded if the table suffered frequent deletes and batch loads using sqlloader direct path.

I'd be quite tempted to export the db, drop the tablespace and recreate as a locally managed tablespace with uniform extent sizes and reimport.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA