Re: Designer 6i Installation

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:42:22 +0200

"Bert de Jong" <cycie_at_wanadoo.nl> wrote in message news:3b7e8743$0$13645_at_reader3...
> I have installed oracle 8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.6
>
> After this install i want to install Designer 6i.
>
> But when i select the home directory of oracle 8i, can't use that dir.
>
> And when i select a other home dir for designer, the installation says i
> have to use the original home dir.
>
> Can someone help me with this?
>
> byebye

I am afraid Designer 6i still doesn't seems to adhere to the multiple homes standard.
So here is how to resolve this

- deinstall Oracle 8i (yes, I know, complaints with Larry)
- install Designer 6i in the *default* oracle home
- install Oracle 8i in a new *different* Oracle home
- make sure to set the TNS_ADMIN string var properly (in
hklm\software\oracle) to one of the %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin directories, or be prepared to sync those two directories.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sat Aug 18 2001 - 13:42:22 CDT