Oracle8i + RH 7.1

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2001 02:13:44 -0700

I installed Oracle 9i as well as 8i on RH 7.1.

Everything works in 9i and almost everything in 8i (installed ok, dbasst works,,, though after some hesitation)

The problem is (in 8i)
OEM and netasst don't work. I get the classic jre just hanging. No windows pop up ... these tools just hang. Though with oem ... oem console starts up but oem dbastudio hangs.

Though I'm using 9i's OEM now ... but anyone has any idea what might be wrong.

HISTORY:
I did follow the suggestions of installing jdk1.1.8, glibc 2.1, oracle patch stubs for 8i on linux. The dbca worked ok and I have the db installed. It starts up just fine too ...

Thanks for any info you can provide

Anurag Received on Thu Aug 16 2001 - 04:13:44 CDT