Re: db file parallel write

From: Ford <get4ked_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 10:00:07 -0700

You can't eliminate the waits unless you never do any writes - sounds like fairly normal activity for DBWR as thats all its does and its main wait event is 'db file parallel write'. The only time to be concerned about the speed of sbwr is if you see a 'free buffer waits' which indicate that DBWR is not keeping the cache clena enough. Async IO times are a little hard to tell from Oracle since the writes are async and do you record the time for completions of the first write in the batch or the last ? - but the stats from the IO susbsystems should tell you that.