Re: Sqlldr help

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 10:08:06 -0500

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Gary.P.Avery_at_Pharmacia.com wrote:

> I need to load in values from a csv file into an Oracle
> table. This I can do with no trouble but I would like to know
> how to either setup the table the data is being loaded in or
> sqlldr to automatically generate a unique id number for each
> row it inserts into the table.

This is documentation on the utilities for Oracle. This section is for sqlldr. Search for "sequence" and you will find how to do this.

http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76955/ch05.htm#22746

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.