Re: Why doesn't Oracle care about Linux as IBM does?

From: Robert Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:22:00 GMT

Darcy,

I happen to agree with Geoff. I think that the problem is a lack of experience with Oracle and not a problem with Oracle. It's hard to setup on any system without a knowledge of how it works. If you have experience with DB2, which expect is the case, that may be why you got it working more easily. Oracle has been very strong in the Linux environment and is being used at many sites. There are always issues with Linux when it comes to having all of the right libraries and versions installed. Just make sure you Read the Manual.

--
Robert Fazio
Senior Technical Analyst