Re: Help with user admin

From: m.mueller <m.mueller_at_snafu.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:22:13 +0200

>Hello,
>I'm new with Oracle, and I'm using Oracle8.1.6 on windows NT.
>My question is when I want to delete a user, or to modify a user's password
>by using "ALter User...", it always occurred:"Error at line 1:
>ORA-03113:end-of-file on communication channel".
>What's wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance
>Frank

Hello Frank,
there may be different reasons for this message. Take a look at your alert_SID.log file for more information. One possibilty is that your instance failed (is down). Oracle uses a pipe to communicate between client application and the server processes in the Oracle instance. When the instance fails, the server processes no longer exists, no one listening on the other end of the pipe. The communication channel between client and server is no longer valid.

Regards
Manuela Mueller Received on Fri Aug 10 2001 - 04:22:13 CDT