Re: To Resize a Datafile to a Smaller Size

From: rshome <rshome_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:54:46 +0100

Dino,

You could..

  1. Identify the index segments in the tablespace that go beyond your desired high water mark
  2. Move those indexes to other tablespace... alter index xxx rebuild tablespace yyyy;
  3. Coalesce the tablespace
  4. Move the indexes back into the tablespace

I've not tried this, but I expect it might reset the high water mark.

Let me know how you get on.

Richard