Re: ORACLE and NULL

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:30:34 GMT

Why use ODBC! It only supports bind variables as string substitutions and thus causes a lot of parses. I would be tempted to use native API calls. Worked at a place where the DB driver engineer could churn out a fully functional driver (fully tested etc. ) in 30 days (from when he got the manuals and a sample database up and had basic connectivity etc.) or less. Always found native drivers more efficient than ODBC. Jim
"Andy Hallam" <ahm_at_exel.co.uk> wrote in message news:9jm0ts$n2f$1_at_reader-00.news.insnet.cw.net...
> Oracle 8i DOES NOT support binding of UNICODE strings through ODBC on
 INPUT

> > > I am currently porting our C++ applications from INFORMIX & SQL SERVER
> > > ORACLE.
> > >
> > > Besides countless other 'bodges' I have had to get round for ORACLE
 (like
> > > cannot even bind a UNICODE string as an input parameter through the
 ORACLE