Re: Newbie question

From: Vytas <xpastas_at_xxx.lt>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:05:03 +0200

Hi
Then you are instaling 8iEE there are sugestion install simple Oracle server, Oracle Management Server , ....
Simple Oracle server is simple Database server, Oracle Management Server is Oracle server with him you can manager Simple Oracle servers.

At your case I sugest install simple Oracle server and Oracle Management Server.
Our you can install simple Oracle server and create Repository catalog, then you will can connect with Enterprise Manager to Repository catalog. Managemet Pack is an additional aplications for Enterprise Manager.

Vytas

"Guillaume" <guillaume_at_e-lisa.com> wrote in message news:9jgjkp$ivj$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> I installed the Entreprise Manager pack and I still cannot find this
> service.
>
> "koert54" <k_at_k.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> NJC67.22386$Xy1.4830908_at_afrodite.telenet-ops.be...
> > You should start the Oracle Management Server service ...
> >
> > "Guillaume" <guillaume_at_e-lisa.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi again,
> > >
> > > I just found some explanation about getting the VTK-1000 error. I saw
> > > reply saying that the service "Oracle Entreprise Manager" must be
 started,
> > > but this service doesn't exist on my NT - is there an additionnal part
 of
> > > Oracle to install to allows this?
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > "Bill" <email_at_nospam.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> > > 9jei6t$1ru$1_at_wanadoo.fr...

 the
 DBA

 connect