Re: Oracle 8i AND Oracle 9i Installed at same time ??????

From: George Barbour <george.barbour_at_gecm.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:29:47 GMT

Here's a Gotcha for you Dominic.
If you run O8 and O9 on the same server, with different homes; and you are using the data collector on the O8 instance, you will not be able to start the O9 intelligent agent until you shut down the O8 data collector. Apparently the O9 intelligent agent incorporates a data collector of its own.
Thanks to UK Oracle support (blast forgot the dudes name) for the solution.

George Barbour.

"Dominic Baines" <dombaines_at_mmbq.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:09c17.75$WS4.12545_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Thanks George.
>
> "George Barbour" <george.barbour_at_gecm.com> wrote in message
> > Dominic,
> > I realy meant it when I said I had "just" done it! Answers embeded.
> >
> > "Dominic Baines" <dombaines_at_mmbq.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > George,
> > >
> > > Sorry to ask a few questions....
> > >
> > > Did it run as a 'standard' multi home install ? Set the Oracle home
 during
> > > the install etc...
> > Yes.
> >

> > > Which Listener process are you using ? 9i or 8i to control
> > > the access I'd expect 9i.
> > >
> > 9i I can log in using -- sqlplus system/manager_at_OEMREP
> >
> > > Any immediate resource requirement differences ?
> > The actual install was done by the UNIX sys admin, he upped a few
 parameters
> > as recommned.
> >

> > > Have you totally separated out the devices for all 8 and 9
 tablespaces,
 logs