Re: ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace

From: Kenneth Koenraadt <plovmand_at_>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:29:53 GMT

On 5 Jul 2001 23:05:53 -0700, rreimann_at_gmx.net (Robert) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i'm getting a 'ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'DATA''
>when i try to create a table. (using Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Sun Solaris)
>
>I checked dba_ts_quotas but there isn't any quota defined for the
>DATA Tablespace. The tablespace has about 400MB of free space and the
>user trying to create the table has resource role. So what could be
>the reason i'm getting the error-message.
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Robert

Hi Robert,

Tablespace Quotas must be assigned to USERS. The user for which you try to create a table obviously han't been assigned any space on tablespace DATA.
To solve your problem, issue :

Alter user <user-name> quota unlimited on DATA;

or, more conservative :

Alter user <user-name> quota xM on DATA;  where x = integer.

Regards,
Kenneth Koenraadt
Systems Consultant
Oracle DBA