Re: Creating user

From: Joerg Hoeppner <hoeppner_at_mfh-iserlohn.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:26:06 GMT

hello ari,

every user, who has no system privilages, could have the default tablespace in the system tablespace. Oracle writes in the Docs from a fine configuration. Has this user system privilages like create table......., it is stongly recommended, that the user has not the system_ts as his default tablespace.

good luck

joerg

hartono_nugroho_at_attglobal.net wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am wondering, should I create new user that can only access existing table
> in the same tablespace as the table or can I just create it in the system
> tablespace. I couldn't find the reference on oracle doc.
>
> The new user won't have any system privilage and only be granted object
> privilage to access existing table.
>
> Thanks,
> Ari

Jörg Höppner Dipl.-Ing.                           Ansprechpartner für
Haldener Str. 182                                 ORACLE, DB2 und Informix
Datenbanken
58095 Hagen                                       NETSCAPE Webserver
Tel. (02331)987-4645                              OS SOLARIS, HP-UX
Fax  (02331)987-344