Re: Good News for MS Windows users: Your favorite database is here..

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:05:47 GMT

On 22 May 2001 08:40:56 -0700, irishboyca_at_rocketmail.com (Mairhtin O'Feannag) wrote:

>> And incorrect, ignorant and misleading in their statements about the
>> "competition".
>
>To quote you, Nuno, "sounds like a perfect description of Oracle" ... how
>*DOES* that shoe fit, now that it's on the other foot?

Hang on: the punter makes incorrect and misleading statements about ORACLE, he is corrected by no less than three people, and what's his reply? Instead of RTFM, just more garbage and misleading crap. When he gets belted, you blame ORACLE? What a great logical mind you have...

>IBM have a product that is at the same time, mature, stable, inovative,
>fresh, AND CHEAPER.

Mature and fresh? Blimey, given that DB2 is actually OLDER than ORACLE and it's taken IBM 20 years to make it portable to UNIX, I can't for the life of me see how it is in any way "fresh"... But you might have a different nose than mine. Me, I smell a blue rat.

> IBM are making a bet, not "buying off market share".

Yeah, right. Semantics. Nothing more.

>hype than substance. IBM has many many faults. The thing is, they know it,
>they find the faults, and they correct them.

You got my entire 100% approval right there! How's that?

>Kudos to them for not engaging in the obfuscation and lies that Oracle does.

So, you call repeated lies about what ORACLE does or does not as a product a "clarification"? As opposed to obfuscation?

>They are above it. As am I!

No they most definitely aren't. And good for you, buddy!

>Your next comment sheds billions of candles on your ability to engage in lively
>debate with clarity and poise. I charaterized the nature of this exchange, you
>took it as a personal slight. Are you that insecure?

No you didn't. You very specifically mentioned my name associated with "who's this" and the rest of your reply. It's in google, go read it again. I can't see what would make it more personal, given I haven't once mentioned anyone else's names.

>I will not respond to you anymore, since I have much more profitable
>things to do, but .....I hate to do this, but it's too fun not to:
>
>YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!!! G'BYE!

Sorry, vrooom. I'm not a TV watcher. Waste of good time.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:05:47 CDT