Re: PL/SQL to Create/Edit/Drop Users, Groups and Roles

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:10:22 +0200

"Don Gould" <dig_at_bvc.com.au> wrote:

> I know that the MS product has a bunch of system stored procs for
 creating,
> modifying and deleting Users, Grants, Roles. (Dare I mention MS SQL
 Server
> in this news group?)
>
> Where can I find a reference that tells me what the qualivant
 functions are
> in PL/SQL?

Mistake 1. Mentioning SQL*Server.

Mistake 2. Mentioning SQL*Server.

Mistake 3. Posting before Sybrand has his first caffeine shot for the day.

Forget PL/SQL. You don't need it. Check the Oracle SQL Reference Manual (there is usually a HTML copy on the install CD - install it) and look for the following SQL commands: CREATE USER
ALTER USER
GRANT

--
Billy
PS. You are damn lucky I already had my first cup.