Listening at two different IP adresses.

From: jean-paul <jpchausseau_at_cgf-pharmatechREMOVE.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:37:50 GMT

The server running Oracle has two netcards. The first has its adress set as 192.168.0.101 (used for connections from the LAN). This was the only netcard when Oracle was installed on the server. The second card, installed at a later time, has its adress set as 192.0.100. This second card is configured for tcp/ip connections exclusively, and is intended for connections from the WAN. While I am able to connect clients to Oracle through the 192.168.0.101 adress, I am unable to connect them by using 192.168.0.100 although the card is definitely fully functional (it is used for accessing the web server from the WAN). The message I get is 'NO LISTENER', although I added the 192.168.0.100 adress to the listener's configuration, stopped the service (Windows 2000) and re-started it.

Could someone help me on this issue?

Many thanks in advance,

Jean-Paul Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:37:50 CDT